JUNIPER WONG, LICSW
Relationship & Intimacy Coach
Are you ready to step into your power &
stop dreading hard conversations?
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27TH @ 5:15 PM PST
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4TH
@ 5:15 PM PST
How to Use Conflict to
Cultivate Real Intimacy
LEAVE AVOIDANCE, PASSIVE AGGRESSIVENESS, & LOSING YOUR SH*T BEHIND!
A LIVE, interactive 2 hour workshop that reveals keys to healthy conflict to invite MORE trust, authenticity, & freedom into your relationships.
Part 1: The Nervous System, Attachment Styles & Conflict
on September 27th, 2022 @ 5:15 PM PST
- How healthy conflict is the key to authentic, intimate relationships & myths about conflict that harm your relationships
- How different attachment styles experience conflict (and how each style can grow)
- Scripts for different attachment styles that can help diffuse tension & anger
- How our nervous systems help us understand WHEN is the right time to confront an issue & WHEN to step away.
- Why establishing safety is KEY for managing conflict successfully
- Specific, actionable ways to calm your nervous system before, during, or after a conflict and WHY they work
- Strategies to prevent yourself from losing your sh*t (or provoking someone else to do the same!)
Part 2: Nonviolent Communication: Effective Strategies for Difficult Conversations
on October 4th, 2022 @ 5:15 PM PST
- Foundations for effective communication: the critical elements you NEED TO HAVE for productive, satisfying conversations that DON'T go in circles!
- Enter conflicts CONFIDENTLY & BANISH CONFLICT ANXIETY through EFFECTIVE tools that establish SAFETY in conflict for all parties.
- How to use OBSERVATION & CLARIFICATION to prevent blowups, defensiveness, & rage.
- How to deal with people who are dismissive, reactive, or refuse to listen when you confront them.
- The life changing power of IDENTIFYING UNMET NEEDS & making SPECIFIC requests, not demands!
- The most COMMON MISTAKES people make when "EXPRESSING THEIR EMOTIONS" & how to express your real, underlying emotions clearly & concisely
Hi! I'm a licensed therapist, former high school English teacher, storyteller, & youngest child of Chinese immigrant parents. I'm also a trauma healing + relationships nerd, a survivor of complex PTSD, skincare junkie, & have a wonderfully weird sense of humor.
I love integrating my training & experience in mental health AND teaching to provide you with a multifaceted, educational, and FUN approach to a healthier, more satisfying relationships with yourself & others.
I have over five years of experience working with families & couples in crisis, who often feel lost when it came to navigating conflict, healthy communication + boundaries.
In my work with clients with histories of trauma & mental health challenges, I've seen firsthand what works & doesn't work when it comes to conflict.
Not only have I seen my clients' relationships transform through strategies shared in Connected Conflict, I've also seen my own relationships transform through these approaches.
Like many of you, I was raised in a family that repressed, denied, or exploded when it came to conflict. I became a passive aggressive rager (yes, the two can coexist side by side - it's not pretty!), which blocked me from the intimacy I desired.
But when I learned the skills to navigate conflict successfully has given me deeply satisfying, transparent friendships & a healthy intimate partnership.
I created "Connected Conflict: How to Use Conflict to Cultivate Intimacy" to liberate you from the fear of conflict & help you leave avoidance, passive aggressiveness, & losing your sh*t behind!
I know conflict can make us feel uncomfortable & weird, but we all know avoiding it is NOT a long term solution! Not only does it create tension, frustration & resentment, but pent up conflict may even impact our physical health, from tension headaches to hives to malignant diseases.
You deserve to experience the freedom to show up fully in your relationships, to stop pushing your needs down, & give yourself a chance to be heard.
No matter what your history, you can change how you deal with conflict so you can be more effective at communicating & show up as your most confident, authentic self. I can't wait to see you!
What You'll Learn:
Why healthy conflict is the key to
happy, intimate relationships
And what triggers different attachment styles experience conflict (and how each style can grow)
how our bodies help us understand THE RIGHT TIME TO CONFRONT AN ISSUE & WHEN TO STEP AWAY
And why establishing safety is KEY for managing conflict successfully
Strategies to prevent yourself from losing your sh*t (or provoking someone else to do the same!)
While still assertively communicating your boundaries, expressing your needs, and giving yourself space to be heard.
Scripts & templates for addressing touchy issues
If figuring out how to communicate verbally stresses you out, I've got you!
WORKBOOK WITH INCLUDED SCRIPTS + STRATEGIES TO HELP YOU RETAIN YOUR AH-HA MOMENTS!
VIDEO RECORDING TO WATCH AGAIN AT YOUR OWN PACE
GUIDED VIDEO TAPPING EXERCISE TO RELEASE CONFLICT ANXIETY
COPY OF ALL SLIDES